Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ordering from the UK - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Ordering from the UK

2»

Comments

• Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,507
    edited 2006-07-23 13:57
    No its still going strong.

Yes it is NTSC/PAL autoselect. You can get similar units on Ebay for about £30 including shipping from Hongkong as another option. I'm using a USB TV card at the moment.

Graham
  • ESPESP Posts: 25
    edited 2006-07-24 09:24
    Hi Graham/All,

I like the idea of the USB tuner. Are you using a direct cable connect, or broadcast signal? Does this easily allow one to test NTSC/PAL compatability?

Robin
  • Kaos KiddKaos Kidd Posts: 614
    edited 2006-07-24 15:19
    I thought I had posted this before, but apperantly not, so I'll post it here.
    Unless it has to do with the incomming hz of the power source, one would think that as long as both the propeller AND the video display are both using the same mode, it shouldn't matter PAL/NTSC.
    If both the propeller and the video display device are DC powered, then the method of display really doesn't matter, simply because both devices create the nessassary timing signals. I seem to recall something about the older televisions used the incomming AC to derive their base frequencies for their electronics. I was in germany for 8 years and used my 1802 (COmmodore 64) monitor without issue. The issue reared it's head when I went to use the TV.
    Am I correct in this?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Propeller + Hardware - extra bits for the bit bucket =· 1 Coffeeless KaosKidd

·
  • Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,507
    edited 2006-07-24 20:21
    Robin, I use the AV in so I feed the TV line into the yellow phono socket in my case.

As Kaoskidd says I as my TV card will do PAL or NTSC it doesn't really matter what mode I put the propeller in, however in case I want to show someone on a big TV that is perhaps PAL only I wanted to make sure I could get it working on PAL.

Cheers,

Graham