Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ir with scribbler? — Parallax Forums

ir with scribbler?

cdamancdaman Posts: 9
edited 2006-07-18 05:00 in Learn with BlocklyProp
has anyone had any success using the Ir code with the scribbler robots?

I just recieved a class set and have started messing about with them. They are not as fully featured as the BOE Bots, but they do have an Ir reciever.

I am slowly working my way through the Ir text and was starting to wonder of anyone else has had success with this.
I have access to a few Sony renotes and was thinking it might be a good advanced programming challenge with quite a bit of new material to cover. I know that advanced challenges require better robots, like BOE - but I need to make lemonaide here, so no flames, thanks.

thanks in advance

Comments

• edited 2006-07-18 05:00
    Are you referring to the IR example programs from IR Remote with the Boe-Bot? We haven't tried it, but it really should be doable.

Start by going to the downloads section at www.scribblerrobot.com and download the Scribbler PBASIC Programming Guide. After reviewing that, I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of changing the I/O pin assignments in the program so that they work with the Scribbler circuits. Although the Scribbler robot has a set it and forget it coprocessor for motor control, it should still work with the code that sends repeated pulses to the servos.

Let us know how it goes.

Andy