Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Keyboard demo troubles — Parallax Forums

Keyboard demo troubles

controlphreakcontrolphreak Posts: 3
edited 2006-07-02 06:16 in Propeller 1
Hi Guys,

I haven't posted to this forum before but I have been following with interest for the past month. I was pleased to receive my Demo Board a few days ago and have run some example programs since. The only problem I have encountered is with the Keyboard_Demo.spin - it seems to load and run and display "Keyboard Demo... " on the TV moniter but the keyboard seems dead (the keyboard works on my PC). Where am I going wrong?

Great work on the Propeller - take a bow. It's quite a leap from the Basic Stamp - Hope I can keep up.

Comments

• NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2006-06-28 11:29
    Remove all power from the Demo board.· Now watch the 3 little LEDs on the keyboard and apply power.· All 3 should come on briefly.· Does this happen?

Sid
  • controlphreakcontrolphreak Posts: 3
    edited 2006-06-28 14:06
    Yes Sid, the 3 LEDs flash briefly on power up.

Sean
  • NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2006-06-28 17:00
    OK -· it looks like you have 5VDC connected to the keyboard power pin.· You are using a demo board s the 10K pullups should already be there.· Are they there?

At the start of your program it should say:

kb.start(26, 27)

Do you have that?

Sid
  • BuddhaBuddha Posts: 25
    edited 2006-06-30 19:13
    The keyboard demo should probably be updated to use pins 26 and 27 by default, instead of 24 and 25. I ran into this same problem today, and was wondering if something was wrong with the chip or the demo board, but it turns out that it was just that one line of code. [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • controlphreakcontrolphreak Posts: 3
    edited 2006-07-02 06:16
    Hi guys,

You both nailed it. My program said:
    kb.start(24,25). In the Demo Board schematic pins 24 and 25 connect to the mouse. I have changed this and now it work perfectly.

Thanks, you saved me much frustration.

Sean