Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Running from Eprom — Parallax Forums

Running from Eprom

parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
edited 2006-06-26 22:09 in Propeller 1
I used the "Load eeprom" option to compile a program and store it on the eeprom. I unplugged the power supply, then plugged it back it. I expected it to load the program from eeprom and start running it. But instead, I get nothing. The only way I can get a program to run on my propeller is to "F10 - Load Ram and Run"

I've got the propeller in a solderless breadboard, with a 4 mhz crystal (the only one I had handy) I have both SDA and SCL Pulled to 3.3 Volts with 4.7K resistors. And I'm using the Serial download circuit described here - http://www.parallax.com/propeller/media.asp

Dunno what I'm not doing right!
Brian

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2006-06-26 03:00
    Make sure A0-A2 and WP on the EEPROM are all grounded.
  • parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2006-06-26 22:09
    Thank you,

That was exactly the problem, since pins 1-4 and 7 all had to be grounded, I jumped 1 to 3 and 2 to 4, then put a jumper from 1 to 7 and then from 7 to ground. thus only 1,3 and 7 were getting a connection to ground. 2 and 4 (a1 and vss) were left floating. I am supprised I didn't get an error when I attempted to program the eeprom. I wired it too quickly and saw a wire going to each of pins 1-4 on the eeprom and incorrectly assumed they were all connected.

Thanks again, I can always count on a quick answer here!
    Brian