Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Manual ? — Parallax Forums

Propeller Manual ?

Phillip Y.Phillip Y. Posts: 62
edited 2006-06-22 13:17 in Propeller 1
I see that the Propeller Manual release is delayed until August 01, 2006.
Can any thing be released or updated partially before then ?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-06-22 03:35
    There is already a lot of information on the Parallax website on the chip itself, the IDE, Spin, and assembler. It's just not nicely assembled into a finished manual with lots of examples included. Download the PDF files for the chip, IDE, and Spin. They're essentially finished. Go through the threads on this forum and you'll find examples, descriptions of the assembler and instruction set including clock and counter modes. There's a little discussion of video output, but, if you don't know much about video in general, it's a little hard to understand. Make use of what's already available. It's more than enough to do pretty much anything with the Propellor. The polished manual will be available soon enough and well worth the extra wait.
  • parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2006-06-22 13:17
    I took it upon myself to take the manual chapters that are available now online to my local Kinko's and had them print it for me. I like to have it in hard copy to refer to.
    At more than 200 pages, I think it was cheaper to have them print it. If I had done it on my own printer, I would have gone through a tank of black ink(which costs about $25 to replace) Kinko's charged me about $18 to print it.

Brian