Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Availability — Parallax Forums

Propeller Availability

parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
edited 2006-06-21 20:20 in Propeller 1
I just noticed the ship date listed if someone were to order a propeller today is 7/14/06. Did Parallax sell out another batch again! I got mine in just a week ago.

Amazing to see the immediate popularity of this chip! and now that I have one in my hands, I can see why!

Brian

Comments

• Vampyr NoireVampyr Noire Posts: 13
    edited 2006-06-21 06:22
    parts-man73 said...
    Amazing to see the immediate popularity of this chip!

Eight 32-bit cores on a single embedded microcontroller.....I can't imagine why it is popular! smilewinkgrin.gif

I definitely love mine too, though I haven't had much time to play with it lately. My last day of classes are tomorrow however, and I should have much more time to enjoy!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    vampyrnorie.jpg
  • DeveloperZeroDeveloperZero Posts: 15
    edited 2006-06-21 09:26
    On top of that, most of the rest of the products appear in stock, with the exception of accessories kit (although the individual parts appear to be in stock-and it look like it should ship later today), as well as the starter kit and the manual, both of which were pushed back to August. freaked.gif What happened to July?
  • GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-06-21 20:20
    My guess is that they've run into a small bug that has forced them to rewrite a section, or possibly the IDE, and are waiting on the revised version before they can continue the process.
    Either that, or they have a problem with the printing.

Something I learned quite early when I started programming was:

There are lies,
    D@mn lies,
    Statistics,
    and release dates...

And in that order of magnitude...

Anyway, the DIP40 Propeller may be sold out, but there's always one in the PropStick kit...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...