Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Almost Ready to RUMBLE at the RoboGames tomorrow !! — Parallax Forums

Almost Ready to RUMBLE at the RoboGames tomorrow !!

DWinchellDWinchell Posts: 60
edited 2006-06-20 19:39 in Propeller 1
Well we are almost ready to SUMO RUMBLE at the San Francisco RoboGames tomorrow.

A SPECIAL THANK YOU to Andy Lindsy, Jim Carey, Chip Gracey·& Ken Gracy of PARALLAX for all the support !!

Please see the GANG and SUMO COG the Great !!

SUMO COG is alive due to the special effort of Andy Lindsy and his late evening EMails :-) Thank Again !!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Thank You

David Winchell

David@Winchell.com

Comments

• Kaos KiddKaos Kidd Posts: 614
    edited 2006-06-16 18:02
    David... Good luck... and great job!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Just tossing my two bits worth into the bit bucket

KK
    ·
  • JavalinJavalin Posts: 892
    edited 2006-06-16 18:18
    Looks cool - good luck and let us know (and see - post pic's) how you get on!
  • DWinchellDWinchell Posts: 60
    edited 2006-06-20 19:39
    Hello All :-)

Well we did not win the 500 gram events in the 2006 RoboGames but we did make it to the finals. We had 2 stock Parallax SumoBots and 2 not so stock Parallax chassis based SumoBots and they looked GOOD. We won several rounds and lost finally in the finals to the Ngee Ann Polytechnic institute of Singapore. http://www.np.edu.sg/alpha/·They ran all scratch built Bots and they were ugly. The Sidewinder.BS2 got into a good 60 second pushing match with one of the Singapore bots in the finals and only barely lost. I will put the HSR-9559 Servos in next year :-) They seemed very surprised to see a "Wheelchair" class Bot with so much push. The Propeller worked great !! This is the first use of the Propeller in a Robot Competition. Needed·more time for fine tuning sensors. The propeller Bot did make it to the Semi-finals. It was also the "Best Looking" wish they had an award to that. Well watch out next year we will sweep the 1st, 2nd and third paces. I did have to run an additional round for third place and almost won again. We got 4th. 5th. 6th and 7th places. We HAD A HECKA GOOD TIME :-) and that's what it's all about. Video to follow in a few days.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Thank You

David Winchell

David@Winchell.com