Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
industrial Control Vs Processor Control — Parallax Forums

industrial Control Vs Processor Control

japerjaper Posts: 105
edited 2006-06-15 02:01 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hello
I noticed on Parralax web site that Industrial Control
will be Replaced by Processor Control.
i was set to start this class in Approx 1 month .
should i hold up and wait for the new course?
Looking at the Industrial Control course, I like the way
it goes into Product development Hierarchy.
Any Thoughts or Comments would be helpful
Japer

Comments

• Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2006-02-26 01:02
    Hi Japer,
    PC will cover about the same content as IC, but be more in depth on the electronics involved, and use StampPlot Pro for an interactive interface for most all experiments so you can tune that PID on the fly! It has also been written around PBASIC 2.5 to make code more readable.

It has in depth discussion on Op-Amps, signal conditioning (scaling and offsetting signals), filters, PWM, much better PID discussion and illustrations. It does a good job (I hope) of going from getting the input, to driving outputs then putting them together for control scenarios.

The text is very near to going in for printing. A month may or not be in the delivery window. The pdf version may be available sooner, but the timeline is all up to Parallax, including when parts will be available. Someone from there should be answering in a day or 2 me thinks.

Thanks, whichever you end up using, I hope you and the students enjoy it and find it useful!

What school do you teach at?
    -Martin Hebel

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Martin Hebel

Disclaimer: ANY Propeller statements made by me are subject to my inaccurate understanding of my limited time with it!
    Southern Illinois University Carbondale -Electronic Systems Technologies
    Personal Links with plenty of BASIC Stamp info
    and SelmaWare Solutions - StampPlot - Graphical Data Acquisition and Control
  • japerjaper Posts: 105
    edited 2006-03-24 03:48
    hello Martin Hebel
    late reply sorry, head down and digging.
    i dont fully understand your reply but without trying to read to much into your
    post this new course is better?
    i am looking for a more organized approach from idea to final product.
    industrial control pdf. read fits that bill.
    hows the pdf file coming on process control?
    would like a proof read.

oh yea thanks for the humor. teacher?
    good laugh on that one. hope i didn't offend you.
    japer
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2006-03-24 17:44
    Hello Japer,

The pdf chapters of Process Control·are posted in the private Parallax Educators forum.· All of the sample code, teacher's materials,·and StampPlot Pro macros are there as well. To be admitted to the Parallax Educators forum, please email stampsinclass@parallax.com for directions.· (Proof of status as an educator will be needed.)·

The Process Control products will be available for pre-order in a few months.· The availablity of Process Control and Industrial Control will likely overlap for a short time.·

I hope this helps,

-Stephanie Lindsay

Technical Editor

Parallax Inc.
  • RickBRickB Posts: 395
    edited 2006-03-26 06:41
    Stephanie: When will the above material (minus the teacher's material) be available for the rest of us to download?

Rick
    edited 2006-03-27 17:26
    Hi Rick and Everyone,

The finished book pdf, source code, and macros will be availabe as free public downloads from the product page when it is posted for pre-orders.· I don't have a specific date yet; that depends on when·we receive the printed books.··I'm sorry I can't make them fully public now but I will as soon as possible, when I know the books are on the way.·

One of the benefits·of joining the Parallax Educators forum is the opportunity to review unpublished·drafts of our educational texts, and of course,·Parallax benefits from the insight and feedback provided by seasoned teachers.· I invite any teachers in the Stamps in Class forum to join Parallax Educators; just email stampsinclass@parallax.com for instructions.· And, to the rest of our Stamps in Class forum participants, I extend my apologies for the· delay.

Stephanie Lindsay

Parallax, Inc.
  • Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2006-06-13 05:36
    Is there any update available on the launch date for the Process Control course?

Thanks.
  • SSteveSSteve Posts: 808
    edited 2006-06-14 22:09
    Kevin:

I found the book on the Parallax web site: www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=122-28176

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    OS-X: because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows

links:
    My band's website
    Our album on the iTunes Music Store

Post Edited (SSteve) : 6/14/2006 11:07:05 PM GMT
    edited 2006-06-14 23:05
    Hi Everyone,

As Ssteve noted, the Process Control text is availabe for sale and free download as of this afternoon.·The parts kit will be availabe in a day or two - their product pages were made active briefly this afternoon but are now undergoing some·graphics corrections·lest we cause undue customer confusion.· Sorry for the delay, Kevin!

-Stephanie Lindsay
  • Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2006-06-15 02:01
    Thanks for the update, and there was no confusion or delay.