Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
No BASIC Stamps found. — Parallax Forums

No BASIC Stamps found.

CatharsisCatharsis Posts: 27
edited 2006-05-28 01:21 in Robotics
Ok, I'm sure this sounds like a common problem that has been asked here a million times.

... But my case is rather odd.

My computer was having no problem communicating with my SumoBot board for the longest time, then out of nowhere it won't recognize the stamp and when I press the reset button on the board the last program loaded won't go. Also, the area circled gets very warm:

555274006xf.jpg

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks

Post Edited (Catharsis) : 5/27/2006 11:19:58 PM GMT

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-05-27 23:38
    Does it get too hot to hold your finger on?· If so you may have damaged something on the Stamp Module.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • CatharsisCatharsis Posts: 27
    edited 2006-05-27 23:44
    Chris Savage (Parallax) said...
    Does it get too hot to hold your finger on? If so you may have damaged something on the Stamp Module.

Thankfully, I caught it and disconnected the battery before it got too hot to touch. But when I do connect the battery, it does warm up pretty quickly, and would probably get too hot to touch if I left it connected long enough.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-05-27 23:45
    Is something shorted on the breadboard?· Try removing all components and try identifying the Stamp again.· If that doesn't work and you have fresh batteries, then most likely something has been damaged.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • CatharsisCatharsis Posts: 27
    edited 2006-05-28 00:02
    I have tried taking apart the breadboard, and it still does not work. So I suppose this is damaged for good. Time to send it in for repair, I suppose.
  • SuperwormsSuperworms Posts: 118
    edited 2006-05-28 01:21
    i guess so