Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Proceedure to correct Uni-polar Stepper wiring errors — Parallax Forums

Proceedure to correct Uni-polar Stepper wiring errors

LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
edited 2006-05-25 16:59 in Robotics
Hi,
I have two steppers that are set up with a UNL2803.·

When I hook up a bank of 4 leds to the outputs, the sequence is visually correct.
But when I hook up the steppers, they merely jitter back and forth.

Since my documentation is in Chinese and does NOT have coil 1, coil 2, coil 3, coil 4; I have been trying to reverse engineer.

There is a listing of A, A, B, B: but I cannot seem to sort that into a proper sequence.· I belive that I presumed it would be A, B, A, B.

Is that a good sequence?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-05-25 16:36
    Kramer,

·· Interestingly enough it depends on the code and how the pulses are output...Or you could adjust that to the wiring although it wouldn't be as intuitive.· I would try A, A, B, B.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-05-25 16:59
    Thanks Chris.
    Your sequence is the right one. It really took a quite of bit of searching to find it via Google.
    After I verified everything, I found the documentation was still no good and had to just fiddle with swapping wires.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan