Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Quick memory question and a question about TV — Parallax Forums

Quick memory question and a question about TV

kerrywkerryw Posts: 61
edited 2006-05-19 03:27 in Propeller 1
I added one of my own modules to the graphics demo program. When I went to compile it I got an error indicating that I was 29 longs over the user ram limit. What is defined as being 'user ram' (this is from memory from a late night last night, so I may not have the exact wording). Is this 29 longs over a Cog's 2k limit?

Second, I thought I saw something in a post a while back about being able to modulate the TV signal and do a short range broadcast. I remember seeing some code indicating values for channel 2,3,4 etc. Is that doable with the demo board? Is there example code around?

Thanks,

Kerry

Comments

• GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-05-17 20:49
    The 'user ram' is the 32K (8K Longs) of System(HUB) RAM in the Propeller.
    When running Spin, the entire RAM of the COGs are dedicated to the Spin interpreter, with no room for anything else.

As for broadcast, I believe the TV-module is actually dong that already(if you connect with a normal antenna cable), but trying to go wireless may not be entirely legal...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...
  • Stan671Stan671 Posts: 103
    edited 2006-05-19 03:27
    Kerry, I had the same problem the other day.· It turns out that I had two objects each defining the graphics support object as a sub-object.· Therefore, Graphics was loading twice and using up all RAM.· Look at the object tree and make sure there is only one instance of Graphics.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Stan Dobrowski