Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
roaming with Ping — Parallax Forums

roaming with Ping

MICHAEL DMICHAEL D Posts: 2
edited 2006-05-04 16:57 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I had a question in regards to the programming in the roaming with Ping.· In the Program Code Section I have never seen my Bo-Bot back up.· In checking the·program I see that backing up is a subroutine but it·is not found anywhere in the program code.· I was just wondering was this an oversight?
·
Second question In the same program sequence in the subroutines some of the subroutines·refrance a Task 0-4·is this another way of putting subroutines in subroutines? And if this is so where in the Bo-bot manual can·I read more about this.·
·
Thanks again.· ·

Post Edited By Moderator (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 5/4/2006 3:44:23 PM GMT

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-05-04 15:50
    Michael,

·· You didn't have a subject on your message so I corrected that for you this time.· As for the code, backing up isn't really necessary for what I was trying to do, but the code is built around the Roaming With IR Code and therefore includes all of its routines.· The code is meant to be modified by the user, so you can alter the behavior of what happens when the bot "sees" something.· As for Task0-4 they aren't meant as a task priority encoder.· In other words, the sequence of checking happens in a very specific linear order so that you don't have to make a lot of comparisons.· You just check the zones in order and whichever is further is assigned to task.· Again, that task can be changed to suit your needs.· This is only one way to accomplish the roaming using PING.· Before this version of the code was made several other versions were created that worked in different ways.· In each of those a situation was found where the BOE-Bot could get stuck relying on only the PING depending on the surrounding environement so it was instead built off existing BOE-Bot code made to handle those issues.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • MICHAEL DMICHAEL D Posts: 2
    edited 2006-05-04 16:49
    Thanks again Chris,
    Sorry about the subject line it was my first post but I will correct it in the future. I have two other questions. Question one, should I always use the forum Stamp in Class?
    Second is there a section in the Bo-Bot manual or other manual that references the Task programming and how to use them.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-05-04 16:57
    Michael,

·· You should always post in the forum that is appropriate for the content of your message.· From the main screen the descriptions for each forum can be seen.· For example, Projects is for completed Projects only.· Propeller is for Propeller related posts only.· As for task programming, you have to start somewhere and after reading the Robotics With The BOE-Bot manual you should be good to learn more advanced programming concepts.· There is usually more than one way to accomplish a goal and different people have different programming styles.· As you advance you will develop your own style.·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com