Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
chip count — Parallax Forums

chip count

Brian RileyBrian Riley Posts: 626
edited 2006-04-06 00:26 in Propeller 1
Ken, Chip, et al.

I was curious, have the 'pre-orders' for the Propeller DIP chip met your expectations?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cheers ... brian riley, n1bq, underhill center, vermont

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2006-04-05 23:39
    Hi Brian,

Interesting question - we have not even set expectations, so it is difficult to say. We're just excited to see the forum users take flight with Propeller. This is a long-term project for us and you can see that there are no printed Propeller advertisements right now. From a marketing standpoint we're not in a big hurry to get tons of customers. It's a lot easier for our office system and staff to grow products steadily.

But to your point, initial sales·would be·very good had we set expectations. I'll even use one of these goofy dudes =>··yeah.gif

And thanks for asking.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Brian RileyBrian Riley Posts: 626
    edited 2006-04-05 23:52
    Ken Gracey (Parallax) said...
    Hi Brian,

Interesting question - we have not even set expectations, so it is difficult to say. We're just excited to see the forum users take flight with Propeller. This is a long-term project for us and you can see that there are no printed Propeller advertisements right now. From a marketing standpoint we're not in a big hurry to get tons of customers. It's a lot easier for our office system and staff to grow products steadily.

But to your point, initial sales would be very good had we set expectations. I'll even use one of these goofy dudes => yeah.gif

And thanks for asking.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.

You are quite welcome. And, thankyou for letting us all in on the ground floor of this new venture. I was on the phone first thing your time Monday morning to order two chips and a bunch of other things. I have gotten so excited hop.gif about all the possibilities for this, I am planning to order two more tomorrow.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    cheers ... brian riley, n1bq, underhill center, vermont
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2006-04-06 00:26
    I think Parallax is very wise in developing the Propeller. I mean now they have a "ground floor, just starting out" microcontroller (the basic stamp). They have a "Low cost, production priced, high power" microcontroller (the SX). And now they have a "Bleeding edge, wiz-bang, plenty of memory, can do amazing stuff" microcontroller (the Propeller).

They've got all the bases covered. And without having dozens of different architectures like some other company I won't mention.

I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on a Propeller chip and start playing. Beau really impressed me with the bode chart project.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "SX-Video·Module"·available from Parallax for only $28.95 http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=30012

"SX-Video OSD module"·available from Parallax for only·$49.95 http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=30015
    Product web site: www.sxvm.com

Available now! Cheap 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Mythbusters
    ·