Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Kudos for the Parallax Team — Parallax Forums

Kudos for the Parallax Team

El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
edited 2006-04-05 21:11 in Propeller 1
I have been involved for many years (starting with the·BS1) and after with other many MCUs.
Each one having Plus and Minuses.
This is the first time I see a remarkable effort to create something very useful.
My congratulations again for the Parallax Team and wished the best.

Albert Catano, BSEE
·

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-04-05 18:02
    We're looking forward to putting the Propeller into our customers' hands, Albert -- it is more fun with a micro than I have had in a long time. It kind of reminds me of the BS1 days when a new paradigm was being established; I think that's happening again.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Stan671Stan671 Posts: 103
    edited 2006-04-05 19:36
    I would like to add my kudos to the Propeller Team!

My history of tinkering with electronic projects goes way back to my teen years (the 70's).· Back then, my limited circuit design knowledge·determined what I could do.

When the programmable micro-controllers (BS1) came out, I was in heaven because I already knew how to program.· And with simple electronic circuits and some programming, I could do so much more than I could before.

Over the years, I have built several robots and other·projects from BS1's, BS2's, and other competing microcontrollers.· I have ideas in mind for several more projects and robots.· I have always wanted to do a little more than any one of the previously available microcontrollers could do.

I see great potential in the Propeller.· The design is simple and elegant.· The basic system is a small, but powerful set of features whose greatest strength is in thier ability to be combined into much more powerful and useful things.

It looks like the design philosophy was not one of "let's jam everthing we can into this chip".· Rather the concept seems to be "let's provide an efficient set of building blocks and let the users make magic with them".· Plan A above is self limiting - if the chip is a jack of all trades, then it is a master of none.· Plan B above is limited only by the imagination of the community of users and programmers that will be developing and sharing applications and code tidbits.

I truely believe that this is a break-though product.· I am looking·forward to ordering the demo board when it is available and going to work on this wonderful new idea in microcontrollers.

Hip ... Hip ... Hurray for Parallax!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Stan Dobrowski

Post Edited (Stan671) : 4/5/2006 7:49:13 PM GMT
  • parskoparsko Posts: 501
    edited 2006-04-05 21:11
    I too would like to commend the makers. The timing, in my circumstance, was perfect. The product, thus far, looks to have amazing capabilities. It is literally the exact thing I was looking to use for my project. 8 processors, shared ram, wow. You have consumed all available brain out of me the past 10 days!!!

Seems like I'll be around a while.

-Parsko