Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Additional Hardware — Parallax Forums

Additional Hardware

Earl FosterEarl Foster Posts: 185
edited 2006-04-04 16:42 in Propeller 1
I have a couple of questions

I reviewed the N&V April article and noticed the additional hardware required for programming and operation.· From previous posts I gathered that the crystal will need to be ordered elsewhere (for now).·

How the 24LC256 EEPROM?
Is the Propeller clip required?· When will it be available?

Thanks

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-04-04 16:42
    Go to the Propeller page and you can download further reading which includes the May 06 N&V article as a pre-release.

The 'Home brew Demo Board' thread will provide most of your answers.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-04-04 16:42
    If you purchase the demo board the USB parts are built in, and all you have to do is connect it to your PC. If you're going to roll-you-own,·you can add a male 4-pin header for the USB2SER.·The 24LC256 is a very common part, you can get them anywhere. We will have them, as well as crystals if you'd rather order from us.

I've attached a system schematic that is very straightforward, and allows you to use pins A28/A29 as a general-purpose I2C buss.·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax

Post Edited (Jon Williams (Parallax)) : 4/4/2006 6:20:05 PM GMT
    525 x 987 - 85K