Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ping help — Parallax Forums

Ping help

khornekhorne Posts: 1
edited 2006-03-24 18:16 in Robotics
I am using the downloaded roam for ping witht the bracket and he just sits there looks around and twitches then resets. Any help would be great.

Comments

• Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2006-03-15 01:22
    I'll state the obvious....
    1. check your batteries - try fresh new ones
    2. check your wiring
    3. check your wiring
    4. check your wiring

...you may also want to check your wiring
  • Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2006-03-17 21:51
    Try this code.

Ryan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ryan Clarke
    Parallax Tech Support

RClarke@Parallax.com
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-03-17 22:41
    Do you have the IR Sensors installed correctly?· The RoamingWithPING Code requires the RoamingWithIR setup first.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • c41rnc41rn Posts: 4
    edited 2006-03-24 05:47
    I just got my PING))) module yesterday and had the same exact problem. Tried the code offered above in this thread and the PING))) worked great. Then I looked back through the "Roaming with PING v1.0" code and found a problem:

- The PING))) code says that you must already have your BOE-bot set up for roaming with IR sensors as given in the Robotics with the BOE bot text book.
    - The Robotics with the BOE-bot text (I have version 1.5) has you install the IR LEDS as pins 1 and 7
    - The "Roaming with PING))) v1.0" code has the IR sensors at pins 2 and 8. Doh!

Once I realised this, I changed those two parts of the code and it worked ok. If you set your BOE-bot up just like the "Robtics..." text then you should also change the speaker pin to 2 (I think it was at 4 in the PING))) code). Give that a try and see if it helps your problem too.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-03-24 18:16
    The version 2.2 code was where I based the Roaming with IR code from.· It is using the same I/O pins.· In any event Ryan and Dave posted some code which doesn't use the IR Sensors...You could try it.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=576931

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com