Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe-Bot LED Test Ciruits not working — Parallax Forums

Boe-Bot LED Test Ciruits not working

MFBMFB Posts: 2
edited 2006-01-22 23:35 in Robotics
This is my first project and I am having problems getting the LEDs to blink as described in pages 47-50 of the Boe-Bot project.· I will accept just being stupid, but could there be a hardware problem with the Board of Education Rev C. board?· I can tell you that is was almost impossible for me to detect the yellow-violet-bown markings on the resistors.

Comments

• gibbmangibbman Posts: 98
    edited 2006-01-22 21:11
    MFB,
    First, welcome! Not sure of your level of expertise, but remember that the LEDs are polarity-sensitive, as they are diodes. The flat side is the cathode. Also, if you're not sure of the value of your resistors, use a multimeter to determine their correctness. It was a requirement at one time that Navy electronic techs can't be color-blind, as in those days, at least, it was important. Thirdly, if the above doesn't help, the group is going to ask you to post your code as an attachment so we can help.
    Jim
  • MFBMFB Posts: 2
    edited 2006-01-22 22:34
    Jim.

First let me thank you for your time.· If you recall I did say something about being stupid, so after looking at the picture many times I realized that I was not connecting the one set of leads to P13 and P12 but to the breadboard sockets adjacent to them.· This has taught me to look closer.· My LEDs now blink.

MFB
  • gibbmangibbman Posts: 98
    edited 2006-01-22 23:35
    And blinky LEDs, in one manifestation or another, are what we are all after. Results!
    Jim