Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BOE-BOT Connection Problems — Parallax Forums

BOE-BOT Connection Problems

MikeBMikeB Posts: 2
edited 2006-01-18 05:13 in Robotics
I can't seem to keep my BOE-BOT connected to the computer for more than two minutes at a time before it can't identify the stamp anymore. All the cables (Serial port, not USB) are connected and working fine, but it keeps losing connection with the BASIC Stamp. I turn it off, unplug it, wait for fifteen seconds and plug it in and turn it on again and on occasion it shows up, but I have not had much luck with this and it is getting rather repetetive. I don't have much experience with electronics, but is my STAMP malfunctioning?

By losing connection I mean that the Stamp Editor cannot identify the STAMP.

I use Windows XP, if it helps. I'm sorry if this is answered somewhere, but I looked for about two hours without finding anything at all.

Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2006-01-17 13:50
    Can you download a program to the Stamp, disconnect the cable, and run the program repeatedly without any problems?

How are you powering the Stamp? Wallwart or Batteries? Are your batteries good?

Is it that your computer is running some other program that is messing up your serial port settings?
  • MikeBMikeB Posts: 2
    edited 2006-01-18 05:13
    EDIT: Fixed it. Replaced the batteries a third time, must have been faulty before. Its working now, thanks for the help anyway!

Post Edited (MikeB) : 1/18/2006 6:38:42 AM GMT