Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
boe bot connect — Parallax Forums

boe bot connect

pfeldpfeld Posts: 1
edited 2005-12-26 23:27 in Robotics
okay i just got a boe bot. i built it all and now i'm trying to get it to connect to my computer. it's a basic stamp 2 microcontroleler with board of education usb version. the software they give me is looking for the bot on a serial port's not the usb. how can i get it to recognize the boe bot?

Comments

• Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2005-12-26 23:25
    You might need to install USB drivers. See this page: www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28850
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2005-12-26 23:27
    Pfeld,

If you are using Windows XP and you have a live internet connection, the driver for the USB to Serial port converter (a ciruit on the USB BOE) will install itself. If you are not using XP, you will need to install the driver manually as the document on our web shows (look up the USB-BOE product and download the FTDI driver installation procedure).

When you try to program the BS2, be sure the BOE is powered up and everything is connected. Having been through this about 378 times myself I can tell you 95% of the issue you are experiencing lies either with the procedure which you installed the USB driver (for non-XP) or that your BOE/BS2 is not powered up during program. Also, if you are using the Robotics text be sure that your servos are properly plugged in with black in the Vss position (Gnd).

Let me know your O.S. and what procedure you followed to install the driver, if necessary.

- Ken