Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Problem With My New Toddler! — Parallax Forums

Problem With My New Toddler!

JimmioJimmio Posts: 43
edited 2005-12-20 14:23 in Robotics
The ball joints are constantly falling off. It takes a step, they pop off, it falters to the ground. Can someone help me out here? Chewing gum worked well til it hardened.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Info on all kinds of robosports:
www.freewebs.com/robotbattles

Comments

• Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2005-12-20 01:37
    I would call Parallax Customer Service... the design and operation of the Toddler is very good and solid... Are you sure it is assembled correctly? If you indeed have everything assembled correctly, Parallax will stand behind thier product and provide the replacement parts you need (at least that is my experience!).
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-12-20 04:47
    Sounds like possibly tight leg joints, making it hard for the servo to move them.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2005-12-20 14:23
    I have had mine for a couple of years and never had that problem. As Chris suggests, it may be that you have some or all the joints not moving freely. If you have pushed the legs tightly against the housing, that is too tight. Also, make sure the feet are easily swinging.

If you did make the legs too tight, something has to pop loose and the ball joints would be most likely to do so.

I don't think it will damage anything.

The first time I assembled my Toddler it only walked backwards, but that is another story. If you have that problem -- just switch the servo connections or change the servo pins in the software.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan