Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Looking for "good" BOE-BOT schematics and BS2 or even SX28 code — Parallax Forums

Looking for "good" BOE-BOT schematics and BS2 or even SX28 code

T&E EngineerT&E Engineer Posts: 1,396
edited 2005-12-19 22:36 in Robotics
Can someone point me to a "good" BOE-BOT schematic and code for a BS2. I now have a BS2 (BOE rev C), BS2px and SX28 (Professional Development Board) and want to build up the BOE-BOT again using the BOE rev C. board probably. I tried the incremental changes found in the Parallax book using the LED sensors, etc. but it bounced into walls more often than not. Something wasn't right.

All I am looking for is a good working set of schematics and BS2 or even SX28 code (if possible) to bring my BOE-BOT back to life again as I have been using the BOE rev C to learn from (but now have the Professional Development Board "PDB").

PS: I don't have remote control hardware so it is not necessary but something "cool" would be appreciated. Line tracing is neat too but not necessary.

Thanks,

Timothy Gilmore

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-12-19 20:31
    Timothy,

·· There's no BOE-Bot Schematic, per se...The BOE-Bot is made up of the BOE, BASIC Stamp 2 and the various sensors.· The schematic for the BOE can be found at the bottom of the following page:

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28150

The schematic for the BASIC Stamp can be found at the bottom of the following page:

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=BS2-IC

And finally, the sensor connections are all covered in the Robotics with the BOE-Bot guide, which can be found at the bottom of the following page:

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28125

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • T&E EngineerT&E Engineer Posts: 1,396
    edited 2005-12-19 20:42
    Chris,

Perhaps I was not clear enough by saying "schematics". What I am looking for is a good schematic showing the BOE rev C with "sensor connections". I really like products from Parallax (as a matter of fact, my new 4x20 LCD and 2 7219 LED driver chips came in today from Parallax). However, I have not spent much time with the BOE-BOT and want the latest information other than the BOE-BOT manual that it came with as it shows incremental updates. I want someones completed code and set of "sensor connections" in a schematic format to follow in wiring it all together using mainly standard BOE-BOT supplied parts. I have other things such as a moving display sign to add (if possible - might be too big). I have 3 LCD's now so perhaps I can add a LCD. I just haven't followed up too much and want to know what people have been working on to build something neat that has been tested and is working well.

Thanks,

Timothy Gilmore
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2005-12-19 21:20
    Not quite sure I still understand what you are looking for... I would first download the Robots! Stamps In Class curriculum (Robotics with the Boe-Bot Text v2.2 (.pdf))... you can download it from here--> http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28154

Have you successfully gone through the entire set of exercises?

Once you have compete that, you should have the basics to add new things, like the Ping Sensor, Pololu Dual Serial Motor Controller, gripper, Radio Frequency Control, CMUCam, etc.
    edited 2005-12-19 21:24
    Steve,

All I have seen is the BOE-BOT manual that Chris linked to. I just wanted to see what people have come up with that works well as a good BOE-BOT.

I will look through the exercises but hoped to see if someone would simply direct me to a good working BOE-BOT design.

Thanks,

Timothy Gilmore
  • Mike CookMike Cook Posts: 829
    edited 2005-12-19 21:55
    Timothy,

Check out the code and schematics for the Scribbler robot. This is basically a pre-assembled and ready to go unit, baised on the BS2. You will have to do some adaptation to your BoeBot platform. The Scribbler robot uses regular dc motors for locomotion, but should be fairly easy to adapt, the code, to your BoeBot's servos.

Mike

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "OEM NMEA GPS Module" Now available on ebay for only $19.99, FREE shipping until 2006!

Product web site: http://www.allsurplus.net/Axiom/
    edited 2005-12-19 22:06
    Mike,

The Scribbler looks good but there would be too many other components outside of the standard BOE-BOT parts I would have to acquire. I did however buy 2 extra Parallax servo's (4 total) but want to just see what people have done with the BOE-BOT with a completed project to build.

Thanks for the info on the Scribbler.

Timothy Gilmore
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-12-19 22:32
    There was a guy that did a BOE-Bot using the SX48 protoboard, I thought perhaps he had some schematics (I can't remember) but I can't find it using either search engine (probably can't remember proper keywords), I believe it is in the SX forum (or Robotics, its not in the Projects forum, cause I looked at all of them).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·1+1=10
  • Mike CookMike Cook Posts: 829
    edited 2005-12-19 22:36
    Take a look at G