Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Battlebot... Need Every thing... — Parallax Forums

Battlebot... Need Every thing...

Tricky NekroTricky Nekro Posts: 218
edited 2005-12-12 17:41 in Robotics
Hello...again...

It maybe sound crazy, but I want to make a battle bot...
A·fully functional, wheel robot (4-6 (6 best)(wheels)), with a hydraulics·wheel system·for high jumps, spinging plates in the front, and , I don't know if this is allowed, rocket pods (homemade rockets from different store, like fireworks, they do no exlpode in impact, make a driving crazy sound and will be used·,mostly, for distraction (or very light damage))
I need sponsors, schematic ideas and so on...

Remember, I'm from Greece and I'm running on low budget...
Thankfully, Provas, GReece

Of course a BS2 or more will be used for interface between the contol and the bot classis...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
-Rule your Destiny-
--Be Good. Be Bad. Be Provas--

Comments

• bulkheadbulkhead Posts: 405
    edited 2005-12-11 22:45
    Well, battle bots are't exactly easy to build; they are several hundred pounds and require many expensive tools to build. If the tools are availible, I still can't see the use of a basic stamp anywhere in a battle bot. Battle bots don't really recieve any data from sensors or process any data. Except maybe to switch radio signals (I forget what thats called).

For a hopping action, I think pneumatics would work better because hydraulics are really slow.

What maybe easier and more affordable are sozbots. www.sozbots.com. www.robotcombat.com also has some great parts/kits that would help with making a sozbot OR battlebot.

Post Edited (bulkhead) : 12/12/2005 4:46:54 AM GMT
  • CatharsisCatharsis Posts: 27
    edited 2005-12-12 03:49
    I have competed at several sozbots events in the past, but unfortunately they no longer hold events. [noparse]:([/noparse]

But there are plenty of other events that cater to that same weightclass.

I know that the 150g weightclass is popular in Europe.

Where were you planning on competing? Battlebots the company/event is long gone.

I also don't see why a BS2 would be necessary.. Unless you were making some sort of complex walking mechanism.
  • bulkheadbulkhead Posts: 405
    edited 2005-12-12 04:46
    Wow, Catharsis, do you have any pics/links of your bot? Did your sozbot(s) use a stamp or no? Can you post a link about these 150g robots, they seem interesting. A standard servo is aroudn 40g, so I guess everything would have to be micro sized.

You don't have to make a battle robot. There are many other cool projects/robots that can be done, many of which make better use of the stamp's capabilities.
  • CatharsisCatharsis Posts: 27
    edited 2005-12-12 15:24
    This is my current 1lber

panther0050kx.jpg

Uses a high power brushless aircraft motor with a large lithium pack to spin the titanium blade

It doesn't use the stamp.. I can't think of any in the entire sport that do!

Though there is a new autonomous 1lber class.. So there is a good chance they use the stamp. I've been wanting to build one of those but will be building a sumo robot first, using the stamp of course.

http://www.antweight.co.uk/

This is the only 150g site I could find.. I am not too familiar with what they are doing in Europe. That weightclass isn't too popular here.. There are itty bitty microservos people use, but most bots in the little classes don't even use servos anymore. They're too slow.. There are all kinds of cool little gearmotors to use.
  • Tricky NekroTricky Nekro Posts: 218
    edited 2005-12-12 17:41
    I need the stamps·for communications between the RF signals and the wheels and any other systems...

I also mentioned rocket pods, If anyone has noticed...

I don't know if they are allowed, and generally I need something much more destractive...

Also what about the wheels, do you have anything to suggest me... (mechanical/electronical)

Does anyone know about sponsors...

I have a little bit nothing and I'm running on a low budget...

Thanks for your repplies, Provas, GReece

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    -Rule your Destiny-
    --Be Good. Be Bad. Be Provas--