Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp controled Led's — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp controled Led's

LaPinoLaPino Posts: 3
edited 2005-11-06 04:43 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hey, everybody

I have some problems with my task can anybody help?
I must juste a Basic Stamp 2.

Goal.

I have to controle a set of Led's (diverent colors) and I should be able to change collor with a remote control (=TSOP11..)

does anyone can help me ?

Thanks

Post Edited (LaPino) : 11/2/2005 12:01:50 PM GMT

Comments

• SN96SN96 Posts: 318
    edited 2005-11-02 13:45
    There is not enough information·provided in your message·for anyone·to help you. Is the TSOP part of a circuit you built?

From what I understand, you want to be able to have the stamp make certain I/O pins high, turning on the desired led color via RF trasmitter?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike

"Don't always think outside the box, sometimes thinking inside the box is more pratical and simple."
    ·
  • LaPinoLaPino Posts: 3
    edited 2005-11-02 18:06
    Well I must Control 3 colors (red, yellow and green) of led's

so there are 3 circuits One red, one yellow and one green. Each circuit has a triac (=TIC226·) which the Basic Stamp must swich on. now is my problem how I should write the program.

The Inputs are given by a remote control. And a IR receiver·provides the signal to the·Basic stamp.

Lets Say that nr 1: Green

···················nr 2: Red

·················· Nr 3: Yellow

If my first task is nr 1 and the three green led's are lighting up, must these led's·switch off·automatically If my next task ( Nr2 or Nr3) is given.

thanks a lot
  • edited 2005-11-05 07:06
    Chapter 2, Activity #3 in IR Remote with the Boe-Bot has an example program that can be adjusted to control your LEDs. Let's say your Green LED is connected to P5, the red to P7 and the yellow to P9. The SELECT...CASE command could look something like this:

LOW 5
    LOW 7
    LOW 9

SELECT remoteCode

· CASE 1
    ··· HIGH 5
    · CASE 2
    ··· HIGH 7
    · CASE 3
    ··· HIGH 9

ENDSELECT

Note: IR Remote with the Boe-Bot is available for download from www.parallax.com -> Downloads -> Stamps in Class Tutorials.

Post Edited (Andy Lindsay (Parallax)) : 11/5/2005 7:12:32 AM GMT
  • edited 2005-11-05 07:14
    BTW, I didn't look up your triac. If it's active-low, you will need to swap all the HIGH commands for LOW and visa-versa. Try prototyping it with low current LED circuits (normal LEDs with 470 ohm resistors in series) first before adding clusters of LEDs and drivers into the mix.
  • LaPinoLaPino Posts: 3
    edited 2005-11-05 12:09
    Thanks a lot, The led circuit is working, 3 led's in serie with a TIC226M. @ School i will test my circuit with the basic stamp
    I have got one more question, does the basic stamp provides the clock radio for the IR sensor? ore do you have to work with an extra Timer ic?
  • edited 2005-11-06 04:43
    The IR·receiver is a 3-pin device with all the necessary electronics built-in. Download that IR Remote·with the Boe-Bot text and check out Activity #1 (Pages 1 to 8).· The PDF is available for download from www.parallax.com -> Downloads -> Stamps in Class Tutorials.· You can also download it from the IR Remote with the Boe-Bot product page.

Post Edited (Andy Lindsay (Parallax)) : 11/6/2005 4:51:48 AM GMT