Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New to Stamps — Parallax Forums

New to Stamps

EmilyEmily Posts: 2
edited 2005-11-02 01:23 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hello all· -

rolleyes.gif

I'm looking for some Community College peers who would be willing to share their start up and early experiences with adding "stamps in class' to course offerings -

I'm taking a badly wounded Electroincs program back to square one and am looking to put together some new certificate and possibly degree programs that would attract and retain students...

thanks in advance

Emily

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2005-11-01 20:46
    Emily,

Where is your program located? If you prefer, use kgracey@parallax.com. I'm sure we can connect you to some local instructors to share their hands-on experiences, if not visit for a day and get you started in the right direction.

Sincerely,

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • EmilyEmily Posts: 2
    edited 2005-11-01 21:15
    Just over the mountains - Northern Nevada!
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2005-11-02 01:23
    Emily,

If that's the case, we have a bunch of options. You can choose one of the options or all of them. I'm guessing you're at WNCC.

First, I've got an educator at University of Nevada, Reno Mechanical Engineering Department who I could connect you to. He's attended some of our BASIC Stamp Educator's Courses and could give you the educator's perspective in a university setting. And he's so close you can visit his lab. Send me an e-mail and I'll provide his contact information.

Second option is I bring some Parallax hardware to you at WNCC on Friday. I've been there before - it's on the NE side of Carson City.

Third option is that you come to Parallax in Rocklin, anytime. We'll get you started with everything you need. Under options 2 & 3 you can ask us any question you'd like and save a lot of time in the future sorting out what's what. I could provide a list of what you need, how it is taught, etc. but we'd best take this to the phone or an in-person meeting to make the best use of your time.

Fourth option is that you talk to another community college instructor. Ask Fred Evangelisti, the chair at American River College Electronics Department questions about what products to use, how it works, or whatever you want to know. His e-mail address is evangef@arc.losrios.edu. This will give you another opinion of somebody in a position more similar to yours. Also, he's already familiar with WNCC. When he was designing their electronics program he visited WNCC.

Finally, there are many instructors on this forum. Since instructors really aknowledge advice from other instructors, they need to jump into this thread and answer some questions for you. All of this would be the Parallax perspective, but you also need input from other educators.

Let me know what options are of interest to you and I'll take care of the rest.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.