Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BOE Robot Questions — Parallax Forums

BOE Robot Questions

OIT_GUYOIT_GUY Posts: 2
edited 2005-10-15 00:05 in Robotics
Hi,

I received a BOE with Stamp II Chip recently. I will be making a vehicle similar to the BOE bot for a school project.

I have two questions.

1. I will be using a different brand servo (and yes it is continuous rotation)

www.lynxmotion.com/Product.aspx?productID=429&CategoryID=38

Will this servo work with the BOE and will the set-up be the same as with the boe-bot servos by futaba?

2. I have been practicing loading the code with the LED set-up on the breadboard. I noticed that the code runs from the Stamp II right after I hit RUN from the Basic stamp editor. Is there a way to send the code to the Stamp, but not execute the code until I hit the reset button on the board?

Thanks for any help in these two areas.

-OIT_GUY

Post Edited By Moderator (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 10/13/2005 4:05:49 AM GMT

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-10-13 04:08
    1) The servos should work fine if they're standard hobby-type servos.· The values for the PULSOUT may need to be adjusted a bit for them (Calibration), but it should work fine.

2) On the BOE-Bot power is kept from the the Servos during download to prevent the BOE-Bot from taking off...You will have to do something similar.

BTW, I changed your subject line.· Newb with n00b question isn't likely to get many answers.· =)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • OIT_GUYOIT_GUY Posts: 2
    edited 2005-10-15 00:05
    Thanks a lot Chris. I installed a 3-position switch as an input on PIN4 and had the program hold until the switch is turned on. Thanks a lot for the reply.

-OIT_GUY