Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
My tank-bot. — Parallax Forums

My tank-bot.

the_poet677the_poet677 Posts: 12
edited 2005-09-19 16:47 in Robotics
I know it isn't an Abrams, but really, what is?
Hanz has a main gun with a Ping)) sonar mounted to it, a memsic accelerometer to help him navigate terrain, a Compass for directional managment, an IRLED to self-center his main gun. Right now, he is kinda un-tidy, but I will get around to cleaning him up after I get all the code working right. So far, center himself in an area, and I have gotten him to find objects that aren't part of the wall (it isn't exactly reliable yet, but it is a step in the right direction, I think). I also have gotten him to shoot at objects, and to turn towards them. When I get all the code put together, I will post it.

I think what I need next is for Parallax to release their next gripper, and I will have a "hunter" robot. My vision is a robot that will find an object, shoot it, and then retrieve it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
--
And, in the end, the love you take
is equal to the love you make.
--

Comments

• steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-09-19 13:23
    Like a hunting dog!!
    Very cool!

My buddy had a hunting dog that would open the fridge and get him a beer...granted, he didn't pour it for you and it was pretty slimy...but a cool trick nonetheless!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2005-09-19 16:47
    Here's a pan and tilt mount for the Ping)) sensor that should work well for $32.95 www.budgetrobotics.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cat=118&