Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using a Nintendo 64 controller with the BOE-Bot — Parallax Forums

Using a Nintendo 64 controller with the BOE-Bot

pcrobotpcrobot Posts: 103
edited 2005-09-08 22:07 in Robotics
Hello all,
I recently picked up a Nintendo 64 controller in hopes of using it to control my BOE-Bot. cool.gif
Attached is a pic of the controller, so you know what I'm talking about.
I thought the first place to research this idea would be here. Has anyone used a Nintendo 64 controller with the BOE-Bot, or the BOE? If so; pics, code, & schematics would be greatly appreciated! burger.gif
Thanks!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Robotics
ro-bot-ics (noun)
the science or technology of robots, their design, manufacture, application, use, etc.

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-09-01 15:01
    http://www.mixdown.ca/n64dev/

I haven't used this phrase in a while ... Google is your friend.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • DiablodeMorteDiablodeMorte Posts: 238
    edited 2005-09-01 16:35
    Umm, I can help you. What do you want it to do? And I can only help you if your willing to sacrifice your controler. (sorry, I don't keep the original wiring)
  • pcrobotpcrobot Posts: 103
    edited 2005-09-02 13:37
    DiablodeMorte said...
    Umm, I can help you. What do you want it to do? And I can only help you if your willing to sacrifice your controler. (sorry, I don't keep the original wiring)
    If you mean cutting open the cord or the case, then sure! smile.gif What do I have to do? I just want to control my BOE-Bot with it. idea.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Robotics
    ro-bot-ics (noun)
    the science or technology of robots, their design, manufacture, application, use, etc.
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-09-02 14:01
    If you look at the protocol you're going to find that while simple, it probably is not simple to implement on the BS2. I'm already working on an SX (using our SX/B compiler) for the Playstation controller, I may do another version that works with the Nintendo controller if there's enough interest in it. The SX could serve as an interface (you would *talk* to it with SEROUT/SERIN) between the BS2 and the controller.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • pcrobotpcrobot Posts: 103
    edited 2005-09-08 22:07
    Jon Williams (Parallax) said...
    If you look at the protocol you're going to find that while simple, it probably is not simple to implement on the BS2. I'm already working on an SX (using our SX/B compiler) for the Playstation controller, I may do another version that works with the Nintendo controller if there's enough interest in it. The SX could serve as an interface (you would *talk* to it with SEROUT/SERIN) between the BS2 and the controller.
    OK, thanks... more food for thought! burger.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Robotics
    ro-bot-ics (noun)