Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Problem with IR Pair circuit? — Parallax Forums

Problem with IR Pair circuit?

jeffrey morrisjeffrey morris Posts: 52
edited 2005-08-26 23:33 in Robotics
I went through Chapter 7 on navigating with IR headlights. The IR pairs worked after going through Activity #1. They didn't work after going through Activity #2. One IR pair worked and its LED was off until I place my hand in front of the IR pair. The other IR pair didn't work and its LED stayed on. I tried checking the circuits and the PBASIC code. Do I have defective parts?

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-08-26 01:45
    Jeffrey,

·· Try jumping temporarily to page 238 and building just the circuits listed there and use the code on the following pages to test the IR system by itself.· Be sure to observe the polarity of the IR LEDs.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • jeffrey morrisjeffrey morris Posts: 52
    edited 2005-08-26 19:41
    I went back to page 238 and built the circuits. I ran the programs in Activity #1 and everything worked. When I tried to build the circuits in Activity #2 and ran the programs, I still have problems. Either there is problem with the LED circuit or with the PBASIC program.
    edited 2005-08-26 20:08
    ·· The section I directed you to should be the section where you test the IR LED and Detector.· If you didn't go there then it would be hard to determine if it's the hardware or software.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2005-08-26 21:28
    I went to the section where I test the IR LED and Detector. The circuits and programs worked. Adding the LED circuit to the IR Pair circuit and programs didn't work.
    edited 2005-08-26 22:07
    Jeffrey,

·· How about posting your code?· Attach it to the message.· Perhaps one of us with a BOE-Bot can try the code on our hardware and see what's up.· It might be something in the software too.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2005-08-26 23:33
    I found out that I made a mistake while writing the program on page 244. I need a second pair of eyes to check the program.