Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Meter counter for aluminium coils(big machinery application) — Parallax Forums

Meter counter for aluminium coils(big machinery application)

ManuelManuel Posts: 105
edited 2005-08-03 22:38 in Robotics
Hey.
I just finished my first serious project, lol. It is really simple except for the math i had to use, i spent hours with excel to get what i needed. The project is, as the title says, a meter counter. It works in a similar way as the RPM device that is on the catalogue. First the user will input to a serial screen throug some buttons the desired meters, which go from·0 to 2470 due to the·variable size.·A premade formula converts the meters to the·number of times a hall effect sensor has to get me 1 to get the length of the aluminium paper coil needed. the precision is 3.77 cm, which for 400m is less than .9% of error. When the quantity is finished a relay, which is in parallel to the stop button of the machine AC motor control, is·activated through a ULN2803 to stop the machine and then my Basic stamp is automatically reset or forced to reset by itself, that is the only thing i havent done yet, lol.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Best Regards

Manuel C. Reinhard

Comments

• ManuelManuel Posts: 105
    edited 2005-08-03 18:29
    If things go well with this project, test is this friday, i may do some more to sell to this company. [noparse]:D[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Best Regards

Manuel C. Reinhard
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-08-03 20:50
    Manuel,

·· Where are your pictures and/or source code?· =)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • ManuelManuel Posts: 105
    edited 2005-08-03 22:38
    I will post them as soon as i place my project in its place, what i finished is the prototype and this friday or saturday im going to start installing it. I made this posts because i was very excited, lol. The source code is in my laptop, and im entering this forum through my desktop, so next time i turn on my laptop i will post the code.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Best Regards

Manuel C. Reinhard