Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe with Webcam — Parallax Forums

Boe with Webcam

varunvarun Posts: 13
edited 2005-06-16 19:35 in Robotics
Hi

Has anyone interfaced a webcam to Boe and then probably transmitted images to the PC through RF/IR ? I am looking for links, or design info for the same.

Regards
VArun
·

Comments

• stamp_demonstamp_demon Posts: 69
    edited 2005-06-13 18:29
    You might seach on google.. There's a million links for robotics.. Also check ouy parallax's robo eye... It can send images back via wirrless link to you pc. I'm thinking baout getting it when I can afford it.
  • ToddHToddH Posts: 34
    edited 2005-06-16 19:35
    I attached a wireless "spycam" to my robot. I used a pan-and-tilt servo setup from Lynxmotion.com. To be honest, I could have fabricated that myself. I can control the pan and tilt of the camera through code. Currently, I use an IR remote control to do it. The camera sends back video to the receiver that came with it. The receiver has a yellow RCA video out jack. I hooked that up to an RCA to USB converter that I bought at x10.com It came with software to publish images automatically to a web page. For video capture you could also use a pc video card that has video IN as well as just plugging it into your television. My blog has a picture and some text about it. toddsblogspot.blogspot.com

robot.jpg

Todd