Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Calculate PCT — Parallax Forums

Calculate PCT

Need infoNeed info Posts: 5
edited 2005-05-19 18:01 in Robotics
Hello,
I need to find out how to calculate X, Y, Z, Roll, Pitch and Yaw for a machine. I am new to this field so any help would be greatly appreciated.· Is there any way to calculate the above without using a transformation matrix. If so, please let me know that too·! I would greatly appreciate any example with solutions too.!

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-05-18 22:29
    Sparkfun has a product that provides the information you seek, it is part number ACL-IMU-6DOF, but its not cheap, for the module that does all the measurments it'll run you $400.
  • Need infoNeed info Posts: 5
    edited 2005-05-19 03:11
    Actually this is a part of my job(I don't need a machine). My employer has a machine which calculates all the details needed to calculate the transformation matrix.·I found a couple of formulas to find the x,y,z,roll, pitch and yaw from the transformation matrix from a text book my boss gave me. But he wants me to find another way to calculate the above using the least information as possible( and not the transformation matrix)...which I have no idea about! Any help!

Thanks for your reply.
    edited 2005-05-19 12:05
    What data do you have access to (the variables you plug into the transformation matrix)?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2005-05-19 16:35
    I'm not sure ... I just sent my boss an email about that. But I just found an interesting website which might be of great help if I can just figure out how to solve it

http://babbage.clarku.edu/~cs265/CS265_S05_HW2.pdf

I think if I can figure out how to calculate the transformation matrix between {A} and {C} I will have a solution to my problem. Any clue on·how to solve it?· I got the text book they mention from the library...finished reading all the relevant topics but I don't know how to solve it....
    edited 2005-05-19 16:39
    Oh , I forgot to mention that I'm talking about question #3
    edited 2005-05-19 16:54
    I cant discern·the difference between gAB, gBC, or gAC so Im not sure how much further help I can provide.

Post Edited (Paul Baker) : 5/19/2005 4:59:54 PM GMT
    edited 2005-05-19 18:01
    Oh, its the gAC is the transformation matrix that shows the relationship between the· A coordinates and the C coordinates etc.