Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PSC Servo Control Software Update — Parallax Forums

PSC Servo Control Software Update

Tim-MTim-M Posts: 522
edited 2005-04-13 17:58 in Robotics
Any new news on the PSC servo·control software that Parallax is working on?· I believe the original estimate for release was early this past·March, about the same time it was shown in the back cover ad of Nuts & Volts.· Just wondering and looking forward to it.

Tim

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-04-12 22:12
    Tim,

·· We're anticipating about a week on that.· We're just waiting for a manual...But it should be very soon.· So stay tuned!· wink.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Tim-MTim-M Posts: 522
    edited 2005-04-12 23:57
    Hey thanks for the news Chris.· Stay tuned I will!

Tim
    edited 2005-04-13 02:40
    Tim,

·· Remember, you can't hold me to that number...That's a guess from an Engineer...We're at the mercy of others in many ways too.· But that's the answer I was given.· Take Care!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • JonbJonb Posts: 146
    edited 2005-04-13 11:59
    Will those who have purchased a PSC in the past need to upgrade their modules in order to use this software?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2005-04-13 14:44
    Jonb,

·· Not generally speaking...That is, the last couple of revision to the software shouldn't pose any problems, however, if someone has an older version (From the first 2 reviusions) those will have to be updated.· I would say if your firmware revision is below 1.3 maybe you should get the update.· If you send the PSC into us, we'll update it and send it back to you N/C.· You just have to ship it to us.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • deweybokodeweyboko Posts: 4
    edited 2005-04-13 15:55
    Hello, Im new to this, purchased serial robot kit. I've been trying to attach the robot to the computer. Computer doesnt recognize hardware. so bought usb afdaptor, thAT WASNT THE RIGHT ONE. ANYONE CAN HELP ME HERE.......
  • Tim-MTim-M Posts: 522
    edited 2005-04-13 16:29
    My apologies if I wasn't very clear in my initial question and caused confusion, but I think we're talking about two different things here.· One is the PSC firmware and its updates, and second is the software package that Parallax is developing for PC control of servos via PSC modules.· My original question was regarding the PC based software package for PSC's.

Just wanted to clairify,

Tim
    edited 2005-04-13 17:58
    ·· We seem to have three subjects going now, including a Tech Support question.· This would be best handled if posted as it's own message with an appropriate subject line.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com