Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
dc motors — Parallax Forums

dc motors

bishopbishop Posts: 82
edited 2005-04-07 00:54 in Robotics
o.k...so a friend and I are about to embark on a huge project.
a 250-300 pound robot, treaded and armed.· think talon project or metalstorm.com
we have the financing so money isnt an issue, but what i need is some input on dc motors for this project.
I've dealt with lower end motors and servo's for a while, but nothing that will be to this scale.
we're thinking wheelchair motors, because they carry high loads for long periods of time with decent battery consumption.
any input or websites appreciated!!!!
cool.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

daniel woolston
Teksystems Inc.
www.danwoolston.com

Comments

• Alex SulkowskiAlex Sulkowski Posts: 13
    edited 2005-04-05 15:22
    I·think www.RobotCombat.com, www.TeamDelta.com·are good sources for heavy duty motors.· Both of these sites provide motors for fighting robots.·· A good place to ask questions about heavy duty motors for robots is the RFL Forum.
  • bishopbishop Posts: 82
    edited 2005-04-05 15:46
    k...thanks...checking now.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

daniel woolston
    Teksystems Inc.
    www.danwoolston.com
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-04-06 16:22
    I know that wheelchair motors are typically the motor of choice for medium scale robotisits.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • bishopbishop Posts: 82
    edited 2005-04-07 00:54
    yeah..theres so many choices out there.
    i'm wishing that we could bring the weight down about 100-150 pounds but its going to be pushing it to keep it at 250-300.
    so i'm doing tons of research on these motors and trying to get a feel for what people are using.
    i figure if a pair of wheelchair motors can tool around a 300 pound dude, it shouldnt have a problem with a 300 pound bot.
    hopefully i can find one that will have the torque to turn the treads rather than a small rubber wheel.
    the search goes on....

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

daniel woolston
    Teksystems Inc.
    www.danwoolston.com