Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BoeBot + BS2 + Parallax Servo controller — Parallax Forums

BoeBot + BS2 + Parallax Servo controller

chemachema Posts: 14
edited 2005-04-01 17:27 in Robotics
Hello

Till yesterday i used my boebot with continuos rotating servos connected directly to the I/O pins, now I have a PSC and need to know how to manage a continuos servo for a 360 degree rotation (I know how to do it with 180 degree). I try with no modified servos and works ok, but ..... Which command do I need to send my PSC to obtain a continuos rotating forward ??

Thanks

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2005-04-01 15:31
    To 'modify' a servo you remove the mechanical connection of the feed-back position resistor from the gear train, then modify the gear train to remove any "stops" that would block continuous rotation. The feed-back resistor is supposed to be set to a 'center' position.

What happens then is if you send a 1.5 mSec pulse (repeated every 20 mS, of course, standard Servo control signal) then the Servo stops. If you send a 1.7 to 2 mSec pulse, the servo spins one way -- and I believe it spins faster the further away you are from 1.5 mSec. If you send a 1 mSec to 1.4 mSec pulse, the servo spins the other way, again faster the further away you are from 1.5 mSec.

Thus you tell the PSC to send the above pulses to the 'modified' servo. Instead of going to one position and stopping, the 'modified' servo keeps spinning, until you send the command to send a 1.5 mSec pulse. Then it stops.

Post Edited (allanlane5) : 4/1/2005 6:14:56 PM GMT
  • chemachema Posts: 14
    edited 2005-04-01 17:27
    Hello allan

You're right !! "...until you send the command to send a 1.5 mSec pulse. Then it stops". It works fine.

Well, it's time to build a wheelleg-bot. Take a look:

http://biorobots.cwru.edu/projects/whegs/whegs.html

Thank you.