Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Crawler for the boe-bot — Parallax Forums

Crawler for the boe-bot

Ray IddingsRay Iddings Posts: 47
edited 2005-03-21 04:19 in Robotics
Well my son and I recieved the crawler kit for the boebot today, "porkchop" is his name [noparse]:)[/noparse] anyway how fun are the legs. Thank You Easter Bunny! My son is only 4 but he can hand me the parts, he gets to hook up the serial cable when its time to load a program and he gets to do the testing and turning off "PorkChop". Anyway the crawler kit is a blast, my son is learning about electronic components (He helps with that too).

Its great, Just alittle praise.

Thanks

Ray

Comments

• DWinchellDWinchell Posts: 60
    edited 2005-03-20 02:41
    My cat Reno helped me build a BOE-BOT walker also. He helps with parts and studying the manual cover to cover. He freely gives me advice. He also bring parts to my attention while I am building. He is also studying the likeness to a real bug when its is on it's back with the feet wiggling in the air.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Thank You

David Winchell

David@Winchell.com
    800 x 600 - 119K
    Reno.jpg 119.1K
  • Ray IddingsRay Iddings Posts: 47
    edited 2005-03-20 15:02
    Man I feel like a SCRUB cuz we didn't give ours a cool paint job, I'll post some pics of how we "tricked-Out" porkchop [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • bishopbishop Posts: 82
    edited 2005-03-20 16:34
    dude..that is one FAT cat!
    hehehe
    nice bot too.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

daniel woolston
    Teksystems Inc.
    www.danwoolston.com
  • Ben DamonBen Damon Posts: 42
    edited 2005-03-21 00:48
    did you spray paint it? Cuz it looks realy cool. (hum how would the boe-bot look in red?)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ben Damon

And may God Bless America!
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-03-21 04:19
    The nice even metalic coat makes me highly suspect it is anodized aluminum. Many shops will do a job for you for not too much. I got 40 feet of aluminum tubing anodized black for about $20 (though they had specialty tanks for such things)