Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe-Bot CMUcam dimensions — Parallax Forums

Boe-Bot CMUcam dimensions

rjlowerrrjlowerr Posts: 2
edited 2005-02-28 06:36 in Robotics
Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a Boe-bot CMUcam to go along with the robot I am currently working on. I have been searching the parallax website but I have been unable to find any drawings that detail the CMUcam’s dimensions.

Does anyone have the dimensions that they could share with me or point me to where I could find them?

Thanks

- rjlowerr

Comments

• LarryLarry Posts: 212
    edited 2005-02-27 22:24
    If its the same size as the standard CMUcam (99% sure it is)
    The camera dimensions are 2.25" wide x 1.75" high x 2" deep

-Larry

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • rjlowerrrjlowerr Posts: 2
    edited 2005-02-28 01:00
    Thanks Larry that info helps a bit, but what I am really after is a full drawing with all dimensions. I would like to get overall dimensions, mounting hole spacing, lens diameter/length, ect.

I need this info so that I can design the rest of the robot, in AutoCAD, around those dimensions.
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-02-28 01:08
    The CMU cam is a product of the Seattle Robotics group.· You may find the dimisions at their website or you'll need to contact them by e-mail.· Here is a link to·their website:· http://www.seattlerobotics.com/·.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2005-02-28 06:36
    Stampers -

Just as a matter of general information, and to give credit where credit is due, the CMU_Cam was developed by Carnagie Mellon University (CMU). Seattle Robotics is a licensee of that technology and provides a number of completed products based on that licensed technology.

Here is the CMU web site: http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~cmucam/

Regards,

Bruce Bates