Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Servo not responding — Parallax Forums

Servo not responding

SumoBoterSumoBoter Posts: 8
edited 2004-12-26 19:08 in Robotics
We just purchased a SumoBot, but can't get one of the servo's to respond, and the other will not stop rotating (rotates slowly).· There is no adjustment pot on these servo's.· I tried the Motor Test program, but had no luck getting the servo's to listen.

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-12-26 19:03
    Have you swapped servo connections? If you change the connections an the "dead" servo remains dead, it may be.· But before you decide that to be the case, however, make sure that you're sending it a command (PULSOUT value) that will cause it to turn (use 500).

On the BS2, a PULSOUT value of about 750 should stop the servo; but they're not all exactly alike (which is why we now have adjustable servos available). What you'll have to do is tweak the "stop" value for the servo -- do it in small increments.

If you do indeed·have a bad servo, contact our Tech Support group (support@parallax.com, or 1-888-99-STAMP) to arrange a replacement. Note that our office is closed through the holidays, and will reopen on January 3rd, 2005.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • SumoBoterSumoBoter Posts: 8
    edited 2004-12-26 19:08
    Sorry, forgot to mention that yes I did switch the lead and the dead one is still dead and the other one still continues to turn slowly, so I assume that there is not adjustment pot on the inside of these servo's?· Will try changing the·stop value, and let you know what's up.