Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Busted BASIC Stamp — Parallax Forums

Busted BASIC Stamp

TTUAlex2TTUAlex2 Posts: 2
edited 2004-10-11 04:45 in BASIC Stamp
Ok

I've been running a certain application with my Basic Stamp, and it's been going great for about a week or so now.· Now when I try to run the same application, it works ok for about 10-15 seconds, then my stamp kind of cuts out, the green power light goes off, and I loose contact with it on the debug screen.· When I try to restart the program, i get an·error saying there is no Basic Stamp found, or there is a problem·communicating with the hardware.· I·can disconnect the battery, plug it back in, and try again and it'll work ok for another 10-15·seconds before it cuts out again.

I've checked my connections over·and over again, and I'm not·sourcing or sinking any excess current, so I'm not sure what the deal is.· Could it be that my stamp is busted?· When a stamp is ruined, does·it just kind of flake out, or does it not even work at all?· Or maybe it's some weird thing with the software or my computer.· Anyway, I'm wondering if anybody else has come across this.· Thanks.·

Comments

• cyberbiotacyberbiota Posts: 79
    edited 2004-10-11 02:08
    Alex-

Try a new battery.· The STAMP sounds fine, it is acting like a battery on the verge of death.

peter

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dr. Peter C. Charles

Director, Research and Technology
    CyberBiota, Incorporated
    Peter.charles@cyberbiota.com
    http://www.cyberbiota.com
  • TTUAlex2TTUAlex2 Posts: 2
    edited 2004-10-11 02:24
    Holy Cow

My 9-Volt was down to 6 Volts or so.· I didn't even think to check that - it's a relatively new battery.· I guess those stamps take alot of juice.

Thanks!
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-10-11 04:45
    Depends on which BASIC Stamp you're using, and what the rest of the circuit is doing....

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office