Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Programming BS2 from the Palm OS — Parallax Forums

Programming BS2 from the Palm OS

Tim M.Tim M. Posts: 26
edited 2004-09-29 21:54 in BASIC Stamp
Hello, i was just wondering if a program that will allow me to send code to a BS2 exists for the Palm OS.
Im sure someone has thought of that already. smilewinkgrin.gif
-Tim

P.S. - i already have the cable for the Palm that has a serial connector on the end.· it plugs right up to the BS2 carrier board.

Comments

• Tim M.Tim M. Posts: 26
    edited 2004-09-28 22:08
    Anyone?
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-09-28 22:10
    The specifications for transmitting a compiled BASIC Stamp file is available on our web site. I know of one person (but can't remember his/her name) who has used this information to create a downloader for WinCE devices. Keep in mind that the compilation will still have to take place under Windows, Mac, or Linux as there are no compilers for other operating systems.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
    edited 2004-09-28 23:31
    Ok, thanks for the info. I'm getting a bunch of ideas, but i just need to sort through them right now to determine the logical ones... In the next week or so, i'm going to try and see what i can develop. I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks
    -Tim
  • GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2004-09-29 08:25
    Just one thing....

You'll need a 'null-modem' adapter to connect to that carrier board as the Palm lead is made to connect to a PC, not other 'peripherals'.

Unless the lead is a 'modem-lead', that is.
    ·
    edited 2004-09-29 21:54
    Thanks for that bit of info... I actually did not think about that. But looking at it now, its obvious i need an adapter.
    Once again, Thanks
    -Tim