Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BASIC Stamp and Internet — Parallax Forums

BASIC Stamp and Internet

basicstampedebasicstampede Posts: 214
edited 2004-09-28 17:13 in BASIC Stamp
Hello.· I want to connect my Stamp to the internet.· I want to have several products with Stamp embedded which would serve as data collector.· I want to be able to connect the Stamp to internet so I can view the data from a remote location.·

Also, I want the capability to control loads from the remote site.

What do I need to do this?·

Thanks.

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-09-28 12:31
    Have a look at the Red-i web server; perhaps it meets your needs.

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=30005

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • basicstampedebasicstampede Posts: 214
    edited 2004-09-28 14:20
    I've looked at the document referenced.·
    I believe this is what I need, but I wish there was better document to illustrate how to use with Stamp in detail.

Is there a Nuts & Volts article?· Any plans in near future for an article?· Or perhaps Parallax document to show how to connect and program in detail?

Thanks.
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-09-28 15:27
    I do not plan to write about that product in my column (I have no interest in connecting microcontrollers to the Internet) ... sorry. That doesn't stop another writer from doing it though. You can always contact our Tech Support group (support@parallax.com) for assistance.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,656
    edited 2004-09-28 17:13
    I too wish that someone, if not Jon, then someone of similar high journalistic skill, would write a comparative article like that. When I look at the advertising information and published specs, I have always been left wondering what the thing can do and what would be involved to set it up, cookbook like. My requirements are usually a screen with current readings, and capability for file transfer of accumulated data, Low power and direct connect to a modem or to the phone lines. There are a lot of products out there that claim internet connectivity, but it is kind of hard to evaluate them head to head. It seems like you have to purchase one of each to discover the gotchas!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com