Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help file typo — Parallax Forums

Help file typo

bobhillierbobhillier Posts: 27
edited 2004-09-06 17:34 in BASIC Stamp
While reading the editor helpfile about SERIN (and why I can't get my simple serial comm project to work) I noticed that one of the sample code files appears to have an error (see below). I have cut out most of the header stuff because the error is in the Main: SERIN command. The flowcontrol pin value appears after a forward slash. The syntax docs indicate this should be a back slash character.

' SERIN_SEROUT2.BS2' Using two BS2-IC's, connect the circuit shown in the SERIN command' <snip>Main: DO SERIN SI/FC, Baud, [noparse][[/noparse]letter] ' recieve one byte DEBUG letter ' display on screen PAUSE 1000 ' wait one second LOOP ' repeat forever ENDI don't see this in the book. It only appears in the softfile.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
······ Bob, Ottawa
W75 54 17·· N45 18 30
·········· G16 #27

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-09-06 17:34
    Thanks, Bob, I'll look into it.

<A few minutes later>·Interesting ... the program compiles, but doesn't work correctly (until the forward slash is replaced with a back-slash).· I will correct the Help file and alert our compiler engineer.

<The next day> Our compiler engineer checked on this and found that the compiler was allowing the / character and treating it like division, which is allowed with the BS2.· It's on his list of items to work with as he's updating the compiler.· I have posted an update to the Help file with the typo(s) corrected.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office

Post Edited (Jon Williams) : 9/7/2004 2:54:50 PM GMT