Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Humidity Sensor (HIH-3605-A) — Parallax Forums

Humidity Sensor (HIH-3605-A)

aliniousalinious Posts: 51
edited 2004-07-29 02:10 in BASIC Stamp
Good Day All,
I am working on a project in which I need to monitor the humidity of a chamber.· I know Honeywell use to make a humidity sensor (HIH-3605-A), but I am having trouble finding where I can buy one.· Does anyone have any ideas as to where I could get one, or a humidity sensor that is comperable to the HIH-3605-A?·

Thanks,
Alan

Comments

• Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,656
    edited 2004-07-25 06:00
    Steven Engineering was my supplier for HIH3602 and HIH3605 humidity sensors

stevenengineering.com/

owlogic.com/OL2rhtd.htm

They almost always have a long lead time and a high price, and no longer useful technical knowledge (the people at Hycal who developed the sensor are long gone).

Look into the Sensirion SHT series. Direct to digital compatible with the Stamp. Parallax sells and supports them.
    owlogic.com/OL2sht1x.htm

-- Tracy
  • BillboyBillboy Posts: 5
    edited 2004-07-28 03:27
    Have you tried the SHT1x from Sensirion. I believe Parallax carries a version of this combination temperature/humidity sensor. The part only has four connections; Power, Ground, SCLK and SDATA. Check it out at Parallax or www.sensirion.com.
    Bill
  • aliniousalinious Posts: 51
    edited 2004-07-29 02:10
    Thanks for the help. I now have the SHT11 and interfaced to my BS2. Very cool and easy to use. I also was able to read out the humidity and temperature on 2 x 16 parallel LCD (Hitachi).

Thanks again,
    Alan