Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Is there a Recommendation for Binary Distribution of P2 code? - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Is there a Recommendation for Binary Distribution of P2 code?

2»

Comments

• @Wuerfel_21 said:
    Version 5.9.10 Compiled on: Apr 24 2022
    Ancient version, bug has been fixed some while ago

That's the version in flexprop 6.9.4, downloaded fresh in the course of this debug.

The must be placed in memory error is caused by a particular issue: To be used in inline assembly, the variable needs to be stored in a register. To be able to take the address of a variable (@ operator), it needs to be stored in memory. So you can't do both. Additionally, for compatibility edge-case reasons, if one variable is in memory, all variables in that function need to be (I actually made a PR the other day to mostly fix that one...). (In PNut, this issue doesn't come up because variables are always stored in memory and are copied into registers at runtime, which leads to a different annoying limitation, wherein only the first 16 variables on the stack frame can be used in inline ASM).

Aha, I have encountered the first-16 thing and just code that way now. Thanks.

• @"Larry Martin" said:

@Wuerfel_21 said:

That's the version in flexprop 6.9.4, downloaded fresh in the course of this debug.

That should really not be the case. The flexprop and flexspin version numbers roughly match

• @Wuerfel_21 said:

@"Larry Martin" said:

@Wuerfel_21 said:

That should really not be the case. The flexprop and flexspin version numbers roughly match

You're right. I checked again and it's like this:
    \flexprop\flexprop-6.9.4\flexprop\bin>flexspin --version
    Propeller Spin/PASM Compiler 'FlexSpin' (c) 2011-2024 Total Spectrum Software Inc. and contributors
    Version 6.9.4 Compiled on: Apr 22 2024

Twisty maze of passeges... Apologies.

• RaymanRayman Posts: 14,032
    edited 2024-05-12 17:27

Flashing with current version of FlexProp GUI seems to work with SimpleP2 board now. Guess my old version didn't have this new SPI loader baked in...