Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
jm-nextion object? — Parallax Forums

jm-nextion object?

I am an avid user of jm_objects.
I read in one jonnymac's posts he has an nextion object was it posted?
If anyone has a copy please send it to me or post the link.
I hope if jonnymac would post the object so many of us can have some fun with the nextion.

Thanks,

siri
msiri102@gmail.com

Comments

• I am an avid user of jm_objects.

Me, too! B)

As you're posting in the P1 forum, I'm assuming you want a P1 object for the Nextion. I have not released one. I do have one, though, because I am working on a new P1-based product that uses a Nextion display. The attached screencap shows the methods in that object. If you think anything is missing, let me know. I will be finishing the get_text() method today and finalizing testing so that I can start the code for the new product on Monday.

Note: You really need to have a good handle on Nextion behavior to take advantage of this object. If you can control the Nextion display through their simulator panel, you can do the same thing with this object.

Last year I did presentations around the holidays and used the Nextion (without specific object) with the P2. The files for that presentation can be found here:
    -- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1O2WBlSsMPU0HXmIFsOftCd_bQgyeQ4fu

You'll have to convert the P2 code to the P1.

1920 x 1040 - 115K
  • msiriwardenamsiriwardena Posts: 301
    edited 2022-10-21 18:15

@JonnyMac

Thank you very much for expeditious reply.
    I will try the P1 version when you post it.

Thank you again,

siri

• Well, you can help me help you by looking at the list of methods and thinking about what you want to do with the Nextion. Since I'm actively working on it, now is the time to ask for features.

• @JonnyMac

I made prototype neonatal ventilator. All the parameter settings are controlled by buttons via P1 and all the sensor out puts are I2C and are displayed on LCD screen and seven seg LED strips.
    My plan is to display all of them on nextion(7") and add an graphic display showing inspiratory phase expiaratory - visual representation of the whole respiratory cycle.All those buttons and the LCD,alarms etc
    will be in one display.
    Since the complete project is controlled by one P1 CHIP, compared to commercial ventilators have many chips doing the same work.
    This is my interest in the P1 nextion object.

Thank you,

siri

• Last month my colleague Josh and I were able to deliver a new product demo to a trade show that was a big hit -- even though production won't start until late next spring. As we're waiting on a reliable uSD driver for the P2, we used a P1 for the tradeshow prototype. I decided to make a clean Nextion driver for the P1 (and yes, I will port this to the P2). I've tested this code with our new product as well as with some other demos, so I think it's in good shape.

The attached code is pretty simple: It displays a digital clock on the Nextion. You can change the time on the Nextion which will update a software RTC on the P1 side (you can use a hardware RTC if you like -- I synthesized this to minimize connections and parts needed).

On the PC side you can see what's happening. At start-up the program will show you details about the Nextion and the user code in the Nextion. After that, any transactions from the Nextion are displayed. In this case, I set the clock.

Let me know if you find any problems or need a feature I didn't think about.