Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 Software Reset - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

P2 Software Reset

2»

Comments

• RossHRossH Posts: 5,345

PS: You also cannot program the Flash on the P2 Edge when the SD card is mounted and have it boot. This is problematic. You can program the RAM and have it boot. I am unsure why.

What SD Card access software are you using? On my P2 Edge I leave the FLASH switch on, and the P59^ and P59v switches both off. In this mode I can program the FLASH using the serial port and the loaded program then re-boots the Propeller and can access the SD Card as normal. And if the board power cycles, or you press reset then it reboots reliably from the FLASH.

Ross.

• @RossH My settings are Flash on and P59^ and P59v off.

I can program the flash, it just won't boot, because of the issue in the video. For some reason, programming RAM solves the reboot issue. Weird.

• @RossH I am using the FAT32.spin2 by Kwabena W. Agyeman and Joe Heinz with the sdspi_with_audio by Joe Heinz and fixed by @Wuerfel_21

It's off of the forum.

• RossHRossH Posts: 5,345

@ke4pjw said:
    @RossH My settings are Flash on and P59^ and P59v off.

I can program the flash, it just won't boot, because of the issue in the video. For some reason, programming RAM solves the reboot issue. Weird.

I have exactly the same issue as you when booting programs from SD (i.e. with the FLASH switch OFF), but booting the exact same program from FLASH (i.e. with the FLASH switch ON) is fine.

Some similar issues to yours (e.g. not booting after FLASH programming) were discussed here - https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/169608/prop2-flash-loader/p1 - and this thread is where I got my FLASH programming code.

I have attached the code I use, which is based on the discussions in that thread. If your PASM assembler doesn't do #include, replace the "#include" (at the end) with a suitable binary dump or "file" statement, as per the original versions.

Ross.