Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 Edge Board has gone "Goofy" — Parallax Forums

P2 Edge Board has gone "Goofy"

ke4pjwke4pjw Posts: 1,065
edited 2022-08-25 18:10 in Propeller 2

Never mind. This was user error. Lost a 5V jumper. Sorry for the spam.

So I have the P2 Edge Breadboard, the mini breakout board, and my own custom Edge based board. When I place either of my edge cards in the Edge Breadboard, the IO is goofy, (including IO to the SD card) even when nothing else is hooked up except a display. Using the same power cord and supply.

I am starting to suspect there is some issue with connectivity on the Edge socket on that board. Not sure how that could affect the SD card, unless it was a power issue.

Anyone seen something like this?

PS: Yes, in the video, I had the ethernet breakout board plugged in. Same result with it removed.

Comments

• I think I may have found the problem. A jumper went missing for the 5V lead. Update to follow.

• @ke4pjw said:
    I think I may have found the problem. A jumper went missing for the 5V lead. Update to follow.

So, you found the solution, and now the video is gone...

If you don't mind keeping it available, perhaps it'll serve as an example of what happens in such situations (instructive video: when one or more VIO-driven P2 pins are, in fact, backpowering a missing 5V connection at the P2 Edge Breadboard). :smile: