Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SmartSerial (PropTool Library vs. FlexProp) — Parallax Forums

SmartSerial (PropTool Library vs. FlexProp)

RaymanRayman Posts: 13,892
edited 2022-07-11 22:10 in Propeller 2

I'm trying to resurrect some ~2 year old code that uses "SmartSerial.spin"...
Think this was from before the Propeller Tool came out with P2 support.

I see there is a "SmartSerial.spin2" in the Prop Tool library now, but it doesn't have Dec(), Hex(), Str(), etc.

But, the one that comes with FlexProp does. However, it has a ".spin" extension (despite what the code text refers to it's filename as). FlexProp doesn't seem to care too much about the extension, but the Prop Tool does. Had to make a few minor edits to get it to compile with .spin2 extension...

I've been using "jm_serial" lately, but this one (The FlexProp version that is) seems to work and have the basic functions that I most often need (for troubleshooting, maybe I should be using debug instead, but used to this...).

Anyway, maybe it would be nice of the Prop Tool Library version could be updated to something like the attached? Maybe better if FlexProp used this version too?

Comments

• I borrowed from SmartSerial.spin2 when I put together jm_serial.spin2 (which I've replaced with jm_fullduplexserial.spin2).

You might consider using named constants for the smart pin modes for those looking through the code and reading the P2 docs.