Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ssd 1331 — Parallax Forums

ssd 1331

I downloaded the code for the ssd 1331 and attempted to use it on my display. I got the following:

NOW I AM GOING TO HEAR A BUNCH OF CHILDISH GARBAGE FROM THE WRITER OF THIS CODE.
THIS IS OFF OF THE FORUMS WHERE HE SAID IT WORKS.
WELL IT DOES NOT.
I just want to get it to work. I am looking for the basics. Not any childish answers and being berated by an egotistical idiot.
If there is a grownup who would be willing to help I would appreciate it.

Thank you very much.
Martin

Comments

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,888

Seems to compile in Prop Tool... Have you tried that?

Error seems to be in a "setregs" line. That sounds like a fancy thing that might not work in FlexProp, or maybe has a different syntax there...

• @Rayman
    It was advertised as working in flexprop: SEE THIS.

That is where I tried it. I will try the prop tool and see what happens.
    Thanks for the suggestion. And thanks for your help Rayman.

• JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,926
    edited 2022-07-06 01:49

NOW I AM GOING TO HEAR A BUNCH OF CHILDISH GARBAGE FROM THE WRITER OF THIS CODE.

As the writer of this code, I have attempted to help this person on many occasions. He asks the same questions in different threads, and while getting answers from me and people far more clever than I, he still fails because he fails to pay attention.

For example:

This is from the thread where he downloaded the driver:

There is a version posted that works with FlexProp, and even Eric Smith gave me a tip that I implemented it to improve speed when using the FlexProp-compatible driver (_ez).

The update comments in that thread:

These are the files in the ZIP that he downloaded:

Comment in the code that failed to run under FlexProp (because the _p2 driver version was specified).

THIS IS OFF OF THE FORUMS WHERE HE SAID IT WORKS.
    WELL IT DOES NOT.

Yes, it does.

• @JonnyMac
    JONNY GO CHECK YOUR PRIVATE EMAIL ON THIS SITE. JUST AS I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO BE PRANCING AROUND WITH YOUR EGO AND NOT UNDERSTANDING. WHY DO YOU NOT PUT YOUR EGO ASIDE AND BE A HUMAN BEING. I GAVE MY TRUE FEELINGS IN THAT MESSAGE. FOLLOW IT.
    IT MIGHT BE IN YOUR BEST INTEREST.

• @JonnyMac

The post says it works in flexprop. SO YOU LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited 2022-07-06 01:57

Just to put a nail in this coffin of stupidity, the attached screencap is from FlexProp which compiled the demo when the correct version of the driver is selected, and an image of that display running on my P2 Eval after the download from FlexProp.

1920 x 1041 - 67K
    640 x 480 - 389K
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2022-07-06 17:12

Offending poster has been banned unbanned..

edited 2022-07-06 01:58

Jim, you may want to reconsider. I'm not the kind of who goes in for "canceling" people -- even disagreeable people. I have thick skin, I can take his abuse. The purpose of my responses was to point out what I have in the past: he just doesn't pay attention.

JONNY GO CHECK YOUR PRIVATE EMAIL ON THIS SITE.

I did. Wow -- I actually laughed out loud. In his profanity-laced tirade against me personally, my ego (yes, it's big), and my work in Hollywood (I do live here and work here), he still managed to ask for my help and even provided his phone number so I could call him! :D

Note that he has also not seen my tagline -- don't call me Jonny!

• Wow. I mean WOW. This is the nicest forum on the internet. Jon's contributions are always quality, and he is always helpful. If I can't get Jon's examples to work, I know it's me, not him. There is no need for that level of static and rudeness.

Looks like pilot0315 was trying to get it to run on a P1? I wrote a P1 driver for this back in 2017.

https://github.com/parallaxinc/propeller/tree/master/libraries/community/p1/All/OLED96 Spin Driver Parallax Product ID 28087

Not sure if the most recent version is in the repository or if it even compiles with the current Proptool. I doubt it works with Flexspin.

• Not often we see posts like this 😵‍💫...Luckily

• @JonnyMac You're a good man in a storm, Jon. Your response was well-reasoned, classy, and spot-on.

BTW: I "steal" durned near all the code you post! :)

edited 2022-07-06 16:17

@JRoark said:
    @JonnyMac You're a good man in a storm, Jon. Your response was well-reasoned, classy, and spot-on.

BTW: I "steal" durned near all the code you post! :)

Thanks. I thought about walking away from the forums last night, but why should I deny myself the pleasure of great encounters with people like you and so many others over one person? -- who could have been having a really bad day. You may happily liberate anything I post (steal is such an ugly word ;) ).

• doggiedocdoggiedoc Posts: 2,239
    edited 2022-07-06 17:05

@JonnyMac said:
    … I thought about walking away from the forums last night ….

Please don’t do that. I for one, value your input and “liberate” your code often. Your contribution to these forums would be missed.

@JonnyMac said:
    Jim, you may want to reconsider. I'm not the kind of who goes in for "canceling" people -- even disagreeable people.

That says a lot about your character. The OP surely was having a bad day. But don’t we all on occasion?

Paul

• @ke4pjw

Was running it on the P2 using Flexprop using a P2 edge.