Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Elev-8 v3 — Parallax Forums

Elev-8 v3

Hi there, sorry if this is the wrong place, someone on reddit just suggested I ask around here for help.

I recently was asked to help fix up 3 old Elev-8 v3 Quadcopters to teach a high school class about UAVs and aviation. However, they were assembled by a previous class a few years back (who only ever got two working) and then threw everything into a few large tubs. The working two were pretty straight forward to repair/setup and are working fine.

However, the third drone has been a pain to fix. 50% because it was completely assembled wrong, and 50% they had somehow destroyed multiple components. They stripped the prop adaptor on one motor, and for some reason removed/broke the circle flip E ring on the bottom of another. Then they also cut on of the wires between the RX and flight computer, broke the aileron control on the TX, and destroyed the battery (It was swollen badly so I would rather be safe than sorry and not use it, I assumed they overcharged it/short circuited/charged it wrong).

Battery, wise I have found and purchased a suitable replacement, and I know where to get a new standard controller and wires. But motors, and adaptors that match the rest of the drone seems to be more difficult to find since it has been discontinued. My hope was that someone on this forum had an old Elev-8 v3 drone that was either covered in dust, beyond repair, or had upgraded with some of the old parts lying around (knowing high school students this won't be the last repair these drones will need) that I could buy off of you.

Or if these parts are still for sale could at least point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Comments

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,191

@Luke1350,

I don't know what is available on Parallax's website, but I do know that if you get in contact with Parallax Support, they will get you fixed up (and know what is and isn't possible)! Since you are an Educator, I suggest:
    Email - education@parallax.com or
    Call the Educator Hotline at (916) 701-8625.
    If there is no answer leave a message and they will return the call as soon as possible.

Good luck!

• ozzy92ozzy92 Posts: 5
    edited 2023-01-31 09:32

You could try reaching out to the suppliers to see if they have any spare parts available. If not, consider checking online marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon to see if anyone is selling used parts. Don't forget to mention the specific parts you are looking for (e.g. prop adaptor for one motor, circle flip E ring for another, aileron control for the TX).