Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Quick Byte: Sending Email from the P2 Using the RPi IoT Gateway — Parallax Forums

Quick Byte: Sending Email from the P2 Using the RPi IoT Gateway

Something new for us to use:

https://www.parallax.com/send-email-from-the-propeller-2-using-the-iot-gateway-on-raspberry-pi/

Discussed in yesterday's P2 Live Forum:

Share your thoughts on this whole thing, whatever they may be. My personal next project would be to make a more simplified example for the web-control demo with the WS2811s.

Ken Gracey

Comments

• @"Ken Gracey" said:

Share your thoughts on this whole thing, whatever they may be.

Hi,
    I am wondering if such examples could/should be combined with some other tasks to demonstrate, that with P2 it is more easy to let it do several tasks in parallel due to it's 8 cogs. Show off it's unique strength.
    Brainstorming, example: Perhaps running a robot around a room with ping could be the base task, which is to be combined with additional things (the particular quick byte focus). The robot could perhaps sense/search for ??? fire/heat ??? and send an email, if found.
    Christof

• Fully agree with @"Christof Eb."
    Focus on the distinctive qualities of the P2 that can't be easily realized with other processors.

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2022-03-01 18:55

@Maciek said:
    Fully agree with @"Christof Eb."
    Focus on the distinctive qualities of the P2 that can't be easily realized with other processors.

Also concur with both comments above. I've tried to strike a balance between showing easy examples people can build upon to showing off the P2's strong points, which might be less useful except to the skilled developer (which I am not, BTW). But, there are certainly some things we can do to really show off the P2 in this exact application. Working with what I have, what would be of interest?

• 32+ analog sensor values
    • controlling the brushless motor over the web

Add what you think would be easy to build upon yet show the P2 favorably.

Ken Gracey